I use affiliate links to help fund my travels. If you purchase an item from one of those links I may get a commission. This doesn’t affect the price you pay. More details on the Affiliate Notice page. Links with an asterisk are NOT affiliates. Just products or services I use and recommend.
Here’s the gear I’m currently using with a few notes about some of it. I’m a big fan of KEH Cameras and have bought a lot of great gear from them over the years. Use this link to get Free Shipping on $49+ at KEH Camera!
- Nikon D7200 My primary camera it’s a DX format digital camera.
- Panasonic Lumix LX10 My pocket camera for when I want a camera on me but don’t feel like hauling a DSLR around. Also using it for video and vlogging.
- Filter adapter for LX10. It’s a clever idea and held on for about a year. One day the glue gave out and it popped off while in my camera bag. Haven’t decided whether to replace it, super glue it back on or just live without it. I didn’t really use it too much anyway. Originally bought it to put a neutral density filter on the lens for vlogging but ended up not doing much of that.
- Nikon FE2 35mm film camera
- Bronica EC-TL vintage medium format 120 film camera
- Manfrotto Befree travel tripod with ball head
- Manfrotto MT294A3 tripod with pan and tilt head
- Move Shoot Move rotator
- Mountain Summit Gear Northwood Series II 1 person tent. (discontinued)
- Komperdell Peakmaster Powerlock Foam trekking poles. (discontinued)
- Big Agnes Two Track self-inflating sleeping pad. (discontinued)
- Granite Gear Dagger Pack day bag. (discontinued)
- Black Diamond Spot 325 Headlamp (discontinued)
- HP Spectre 15 convertible laptop
- GIMP photo editing program and Darktable RAW image processing.
- Lacie 2gb external hard drive
- Samsung Galaxy A31 phone on Mint Mobile and Moto e on US Cellular. The Moto e is a cheap 30 dollar phone but I actually like it more than the more expensive Galaxy A31.
- iSaw Action camera
- iOverlander* app to find campsites
- freecampsites.net* to find campsites
- gasbuddy.com* to find gas stations
- TravelSpend* to track my budget
- Ecoflow River Pro portable power supply
- BougeRV 30 quart refrigerator This has been a great addition to the rig. No more worrying about or dealing with ice. It can be set to use as either a fridge or a freezer. I keep mine as a fridge set at 39° Fahrenheit. On cooler days the Ecoflow will power it for multiple days from a single charge. Even on hot days parked in the sun where I couldn’t put the solar panels out it still maintained temperature for close to 24 hours before I had to recharge the battery. I have a full review of both the Ecoflow River Pro and the fridge planned. Apply the code “SD14” to get 14%OFF sitewide for all products.
- 2002 Toyota 4Runner 4WD SR5
- OBDLink MX+* OBD-II scanner